Thread: Lavinia's
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #179
Crusty

Default Axioms

I have worked (many years ago), and still eat in many restaurants of various types and price ranges. It is my considered opinion that the following two axioms apply to all restaurants, but more so as the average tab increases:

1) No matter how wrong, the customer is ALWAYS right.

2) The Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.

For example. I'll put up with a lot from a restaurant that serves good food for $10 a person and go back regularly. However, if I'm being charged $30+ for a meal, they better not seat me next to the rest room or kitchen and my water glass better be kept full. --And anything else I can think of at the time. [For $50+ I demand tap-dancing waiters.]

As for Lavinia's...

My wife and I were in the neighborhood last year and stopped in slightly before opening. We were seated at the bar. Because we were time-constrained, we each ordered a salad (don't remember the particulars). The wait staff was attentive to our needs and the kitchen prepared two very excellent salads before opening (the croutons were exceptional and actually enhanced the salad for a change). Although priced toward the high end, the total package was well worth it and we will stop in again when in the area at dinner time.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote