Thread: Hobbs - Ossipee
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #39
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Only time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting View Post

I have driven past Hobbs several times and see many cars in the parking lot. It reminds me of a place back home. A brew house with great meals. When they opened they were so busy they would not take reservations on Friday or Saturday and the wait times averaged 45 minutes. However a year or so later and they now take reservations any day and there is NO wait even on Friday or Saturday. The parking lot is never full.

What happened? the uniqueness of the place wore off and the "locals" stopped going for the food. They do continue to go in for the brew however.

I hope you are right and they do well and stay in business. Only time will tell.

ToW

We went out last Wednesday in Wolfeboro and the town was like a ghost town.....so weird......we were one of only two parties in the restaurant.

Based on that, we headed out to Ossipee and Hobbs Tavern this past Friday without reservations. I was looking forward to it b/c I had never been. At shortly past six there was a 40-50 minute wait according to the hostess. There was nary an empty spot in the parking lot.

I'd say they are continuing to do well ! ! !

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote