Thread: Hobbs - Ossipee
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #19
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default The Haves and Have nots

Before the economy soured, I was blessed to have a great paying job with great benefits. I raised 3 daughters, had a beautiful home and a place on the lake. We had great travel vacations and the luxury to eat out often.

Since the lay off, two things prevent me from getting my job back. A piece of paper (a diploma is worth more than 40 years of experience) and age (baby boomer member). So here I am working full time, actually more hours, and I had to cut back substantially many of the luxuries I took for granted so that I don't deplete my savings.

What use to be Bedford Village Inn, Chophouse. O's is now T-Bones with my 55+ card. What use to be dining out every weekends are now when there is an occasion. The industry had notice this shift and that is why many places have gone out of business if they don't change. A matter of fact. I took up cooking as a hobby and I actually enjoy it. It use an inexpensive useful hobby.

To those like 'Billy Bob' enjoy it while you can. Some day you won't have the luxury. You can't take it with you.