Thread: Hobbs - Ossipee
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #17
Billy Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting View Post
CG I agree to a point.

I don't mind spending extra for all that you mention if I go out on a special occasion. However a restaurant can't survive on folks who only go there for "special occasions."

Most folks will go out and have a $32 prime rib for a special occasion but will not do it on a regular basis. Once you have experienced the "factors" you mention a couple times then they loose their price utility. The place becomes just a restaurant to you. If you like prime rib and can get a good one for $18 over the $32 most folks will do it.

The restaurant will do well over the vacation seasons, summer/ski, but it's the locals that will determine if the place survives. And I just don't think the locals will go there for the high priced food just because the place looks nice.

ToW
First , these people have a fortune sunk into this place and it came out fantastic ! Been there a few times and the food has been great . The prices are what you find on a regular basis across the country for the type food they serve . You might be surprised to find the number of people that do go out a few nights a week ( me included ) and spend this and more . ( also explains why I take Lipitor )
Seeing a lot of the locals complaining on a regular basis about prices and the bad economy , guess what , Other then NH the economy is recovering just fine and we are out spending money !!
Try the 16 buck burger at Lavinias , now that is worth taking the second Lipitor for, and who cares how much it is !!
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Bob For This Useful Post: