Thread: Hobbs - Ossipee
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #16
Tired of Waiting

Default I can agree to a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
People who mention the price of going out to a fine restaurant need to realize that going out to dinner is an experience, not just a way to consume food. And, because of this, all of the factors of going out to dinner need to be cconsidered, i. e., is the restaurant easily found, convenience of getting there, is there an adequate and safe parking lot, is the restaurant accessible, is there a front desk greeter who makes you feel like they are glad you are there, are the rest rooms appropriate, does the interior grab your attention, how are you treated by your server, are the chairs comfortable, and... you get the point, then comes the food.

So, the bill at the end of the evening represents ALL of these items, and more, I'm sure.

Just my input.
CG I agree to a point.

I don't mind spending extra for all that you mention if I go out on a special occasion. However a restaurant can't survive on folks who only go there for "special occasions."

Most folks will go out and have a $32 prime rib for a special occasion but will not do it on a regular basis. Once you have experienced the "factors" you mention a couple times then they loose their price utility. The place becomes just a restaurant to you. If you like prime rib and can get a good one for $18 over the $32 most folks will do it.

The restaurant will do well over the vacation seasons, summer/ski, but it's the locals that will determine if the place survives. And I just don't think the locals will go there for the high priced food just because the place looks nice.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote