Thread: Hobbs - Ossipee
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
secondcurve

Default Lunch Yesterday

I stopped by for lunch yesterday and sat at the downstairs bar. Everyone at the restaurant was attentive and happy. I had a house salad with scallops. Not huge portions but quite good. I also had an IPA and the bartender offered me a sample of Hobbs' house IPA which was excellent. It was mentioned that they will be brewing on site in the near term.

The facility is amazing. Someone spent a lot of money to renovate the place. Maybe a couple million would be my guess? Lots of attention to detail.

After I finished lunch I checked out the upstairs which was closed since it is only open during peak times. This portion of the restaurant was spectacular. A massive bar with soaring ceilings and lots of exposed wood beams. A ton of atmosphere up there is the best way to describe it. Vitabene's pictures don't do it full justice. The bartender told me that Friday evening the downstairs restaurant was so packed that they opened the upstairs bar to allow folks a comfortable spot to relax while waiting for dinner. In summary, I would't hesitate to recommend this restaurant and I think it will only get better as the kinks are worked out.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: