View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
eillac@dow

Default How can I help my Baby Boy

Each year...my husband I typically buy some fireworks. Not a whole lot, but some...the kids like it. 3 yrs ago we got a puppy. Year 1 he was fine with them, Year 2 he was really nervous...Year 3, this year, we did not head North till Sat am. But the night before (Friday) a neighbor came by and said, Hey I got this "one" firework...if you want to take it North. We decided to light it off then.

My poor baby boy (Hunter...3 yr old German Shorthaired Pointer) was scared to death. He went up to our bed and was shaking. We said then "no way to buying fireworks" as he was so scared.

In NH, we got a prescrip from a vet for a relaxer (we did talk to our own vet at home, who basically said...a nice dark, quiet room)...we gave it to him and it helped a bit, as he did not shake but panted and was restless.

Problem is now, he is so frighten with loud noises. He never did like them, but now is is scared to death. Even the next morning he does not like to go outside to do his business. I have to coax him out.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any recommendations on how I am to make him feel better. Today is July 10th and the poor baby is still skittish. Every now and then someone sets off a firework and it throws him into a tizzy. Breaks my heart. So if anyone has any advice or recommendations I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you.

Eliiac (allie c)
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote