View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 07:49 PM   #17
ApS

Question Their Policy, but Not The Motel's Fault?

Good point!

Florida’s Towing Problem – The Police Do Not Enforce the Law

Quote:
"At the outset, you are not alone! It does not matter if you were only parked for a few minutes, that someone could have easily asked you to move the car, that where you parked did not bother/interfere/harm anyone, or that there were other cars parked in the same way but they were not towed.

Why? This is all about making money ($$$). You got it and the tow companies want to take it. While there most likely are many decent tow companies in Florida who are only seeking to make a living, its seems many, many, more are out to victimize Floridians by essentially stealing your car and forcing you to pay a ransom in order to get it back."

https://gulisanolaw.com/illegal-and-...ng-in-florida/
Apparently, I must contact the Public Service Agency in my County and file a complaint, or take them to Small Claims Court.

Yippee! I can get my money back and my attorney gets paid too.

More:
Quote:
"If the towing did not strictly comply with Florida law, vehicle owners are entitled to damages and they can additionally recover their costs and attorney fees. See Fla. Stat. § 715.07(4) (“When a person improperly causes a vehicle or vessel to be removed, such person shall be liable to the owner or lessee of the vehicle or vessel for the cost of removal, transportation, and storage; any damages resulting from the removal, transportation, or storage of the vehicle or vessel; attorney’s fees; and court costs.”).
Wyndham Hotels Days Inn signage was incomplete by Florida law accordingly, so my gripe is both with Wyndham Hotels Days Inn (improper signage) AND the towing company (using the vehicle towing law) to tow off private property? (They may, upon complaint, tow off the public right of way).

'Think I'll call Volusia County Sheriff back. They could check my registration's validity on June 1st, and cause the towing company to return my "ransom" money. (Paid in cash in exact dollar bills--plus a little).

Beware Volusia County get-rich schemes...Bernie Madoff didn't think of this...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote