View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #50
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Well ok guess I agree but still what can you do it is what it is...Is it the animals fault they were introduced to (any) new area? I know it !@#$% but it's wildlife, live with it. Hey I used to hunt too not saying I've never killed a thing but that doesn't mean I'd go and bait Deer all summer so I can go and wait for the big one opening morning.
A few points. No one likes to see animals harassed. I think we are all in total agreement on that point. The guy on the jet ski is a dope. However, if your house is infested with mice or rats do you say "oh, well they are native to the area, I am going to let them be"? Of course not! But when it comes to deer and geese that are responsible for many diseases and destruction when herds and flocks go unchecked, folks are against actions being taken to reduce populations to healthy levels. Yet, these same people eat beef, fish, etc. and think nothing of it. It seems if the animals they consume are killed in distance places and bought through supermarkets it is all fine.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote