View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Believe it or not SP is right. A douche will do the trick.

BT
I wonder if I can get Argie to go to the drug store for THAT errand....

Seriously...

The baking soda/hydrogen peroxide/dish detergent formula seemed like the best until we found out that the hydrogen peroxide on the market now is stabilized and won't "fizz" when the baking soda is added to it. It's the whole foaming action that makes it effective. So, that was a big waste of time, money, and wet dog.

We've shampooed Tanker in dog shampoo, kid shampoo, dish detergent, tar shampoo, baking soda, coffee grounds, and even that fresh-as-a-spring-daisy stuff mentioned earlier. (I had no idea you could buy it in bulk...) He's had seven baths so far... I'm amazed he has any hair left. But the stink goes on. His nose had brownish streaks around it from the blast and he's not as miserable as he was (he threw up last night, it was so bad!) but you can tell he's not happy.

We went out today to a kids' b-day party and we could have parted the Red Sea with the skunk stink on us. Clothing, towels, bags, etc. that were on another level of the house had the darned odor with it all... holy moly. It's like a WMD by Mother Nature. It's such a strong smell that I couldn't sleep last night - and the dog was on a different floor and in another room.

To add insult to injury, the incident happened in front of my car... so my car grill, etc. is also plastered with stinky stink.

We bought a bottle of fancy-schmancy dog shampoo that's supposed to work... I'll give him bath #8 tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'm getting out the clippers...
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote