View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #107
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
There's an error with one of the numbers. According to Worldometer, there have been 2.2 million covid cases in the US, which is a good thing- otherwise the death rate would be far, far higher than it is! Also it should be noted that the numbers for swine flu are for a year, whereas the covid numbers in the US are only for about 3 months.

I think it's too bad that you're equating the severity of the lockdown, plus all your other grievances with the simple public health measure of wearing a mask in the grocery store, something that could possibly tide us over until some kind of treatment is available. But there's no point in arguing since we don't see it the same way. I sincerely wish you and your family (and all the rest of us) good health and hope you're right that there's no need for so much precaution.
You are correct, it should read as follow --
Worldwide cases of Chinese coronavirus - 8,621,747
U.S. cases of Chinese coronavirus - 2,265,400
Worldwide deaths attributable to Chinese coronavirus - 457,338
U.S. deaths attributable to Chinese coronavirus - 120,723

Thank you for catching the error.

I realize that I won't change anyone's view, much as you won't change mine. My vigilance is to get the other side out there, even if it's unpopular. The media and social media are one sided, and sometimes balance is required. The Forum provides a great venue to share things about the lake and to debate relevant issues in a healthy way.

I hope I'm right too!