View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #106
TheVoiceOfReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
For the record, within my circle of friends, none and I mean none of us believe in this nonsense. You should know in fact there is a silent majority who are fed up and on the verge of rebellion. The day is coming (November 3rd) when this will be evident. We are sick and tired of overreaction to Chinese coronavirus and rioting and looting and all the other divisive nonsense.
You can't say you're sick and tired of the "divisive nonsense" if you continuously refer to SARS-CoV-2 as "Chinese coronavirus" and Dr. Anthony Fauci as "Dr. Fraud". That's as divisive anything else I've read on this thread. For what it's worth, Fauci has been an advisor to every US President since Reagan and as such has served under the leadership of both parties. Why didn't you refer to him as "Dr. Fraud" from 1984-Feb 2020? If anything, he's been the most transparent piece to this whole thing. He's continuously said that his only role is to advise what the health risks are in a vacuum, without considering the effects on the economy, social norms, etc. It's up to the policy makers to take the Doctor's thoughts under advisement and weigh them up against the economic advisors' thoughts. Dr. Anthony Fauci didn't shut the economy down on his own. All he did was advise the administration what could happen if social distancing measures weren't put in place. In short, he did his job.

And to your first point, I think you are correct that there is a silent majority who are fed up and on the verge of rebellion, but you're wrong on the demographic. It's women, and they certainly aren't going to vote for the incumbent. And I say that as a middle-aged male.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post: