View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Here are a few more. And I also forgot in my previous post the creator of Howdy Doody.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2012

Celebrities on Winnisquam, Winnipesaukee, Squam Lake, etc.
Recently the Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce FB account asked about famous people who live in and around the area. Here was our input (slightly edited): "How about Mitt Romney?... Famous quilt-maker Patricia Delaney, retired editor of The NY Times Review of Books editor Rebecca Smuckler, stock car driver Brad Leighton, the best-selling business book author of "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson, NY/Boston kids' dressmaker Mary-Alice Dalton, Duane Hammond (creator of the popular pig cartoon creations at pigsinapoke.com), Ernest Thompson (Academy Award winner author of "On Golden Pond"), former Red Sox player and now announcer Jerry Remy, George Butler (comrade of Arnold Schwarzenger and creator of "Pumping Iron," the photo book/movie that made the former California governor famous), folks artist Jim Lambert of Tilton, Helen Nordquist of Alton (played in the All-American Professional Baseball League during World War II), Dick Binnett (of the Skiing Hall of Fame), Harvey Garrod (NH's most well-known personal injury lawyer), romance author Barbara Lewinsky (who has written national best-selling novels including "Lake News," which takes place in a town much like Meredith where she has a seasonal home), ” the Marriott hotel family, Chris Whitecomb (a former FBI employee who appears on an expert on national TV news programs), famous Olympic skier Penny Pitou, author J.P. Polidoro (who's novel about cloning Ted Williams foretold actual events), the state's most famous criminal defense attorney Mark Sisti, Russ Thibault (the state's foremost economist)... Oh, also the rumor that Michael Jordan was seen playing hoops on a community court in Wolfeboro about 10 years ago!"
tis is offline   Reply With Quote