View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
aydinlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Me too,

The bigger question is how comfortable do you feel doing it yourself. The 350.00 dollar price tag is not outragous but still not cheap. Have you checked any of the You-Tube Videos on changing it out yourself to get familiar with what is involved. It appears it is about a 30 to 50 dollar kit that you need no matter what and would you have the strength to muscle it around, they are not that heavy but are awkward when trying to fit it up for final assembly. Not to mention do you have the necessary small hand tools. Personally I would do it myself because it is a pretty simple job, but every ones skill levels are different. Looks like a (first time) 3, to 4, hour job but a very small part of it might be a 2 person job.

Not to forget, will you be able to check it when done? They usually need a presure test when completed to make sure there are no leaks. I think they need to hold about 15psi for an hour. ( I usually test overnight)

Thanks for the good feedback. I don't think i can do this. I don't have a trailer to take the boat out of water. Storage company will put the boat in the water rand i will bring it to my mooring. I think i have to pay the the 350
aydinlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links