View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 05:08 AM   #15
ApS

Default Will Wait This One Out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Just thinking off the top of my head; Check with Triple A (AAA) and find out if this Motel 6 is on their recommended list (i.e. in their book). If it is, you should route your complaint up the ladder at AAA and explain your experience. This could give them the incentive to either place a written warning about this on their recommended posting, or they may elect to remove the listing altogether. The above is just a suggestion to get a few teeth on the issue without having to get a runaround from either the towing company or the Sheriff's Office. Not only have you experienced an expensive recovery, but you've experienced a VERY INCONVENIENT disruption to your travels (and routine). I am sorry to read of your troubles and I sincerely hope that this eventually ends up working in your favor with a full reimbursement.
Motel 6 has been exemplary compared to Wyndham, who have been buying up rental properties like so much firewood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
Many places where we winter in FL do not allow back-in parking, which does annoy us, but we understand the reasoning. FL (and many states) do not require front license plates. So the enforcement authorities (public or private) don't like it if you back in because they need to get up and walk around to see your tags.

More importantly, despite your long-time membership, what does this have to do with Winni and the Lakes Region?
1) Not everybody can live in New Durham. Who wasn't surprised that Florida's Hurricane Ian made it to the Winnipesaukee forum?

2) For a bunch of us snowbirds, the topic "Getting Here" describes one of our annual challenges. This experience of being told how to park, and to get involuntarily towed is new after 60 years of commuting NH/Florida. Let this thread serve as a red flag when traveling.

3) Full-sized pickup trucks can occupy much of a motel's walkway, especially with modern trailer hitches.

4) Thanks for the tip, Time Traveler, but the towing company has a tiny (and debris-filled lot), and the proprietor hurried me out to pick up another vehicle.

5) The remaining sticker is three years old! I'd prefer to resolve this with a corporation than with the DMV.

6) I forgot to mention that Wyndham's Ormond Beach location also had a splice in their HVAC cord. The result was a cord folded back on itself with an apple-sized wrapping (in red duct tape) laying there to trip over.

7) Wyndham says they'll answer my complaint within five days.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote