View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
There are wide implications to this new law passed by the previous legislature.

The authorities can pull you over for any reason or just about no reason.

I was pulled over coming home from work at 2:00 AM on a Sunday morning. No cars on road. Zero. I stopped at a stop sign. Complete stop. Directional on. Then proceded. A half minute later blue lights. License/registration. Polite person had flashlight out. Looked all through car. Viewed my plastic lunch container. Asked me if I was coming home from work.

Then advised me as the why I was pulled over. The reason as stated by uniformed person. At the last stop sign, my car went 7' over the white line.
Could or did I go over the white line? Sure. Or was this trumped up?

Many do a rolling stop. That is a clear offense. Many do not use turn signals everywhere. That is a clear offense. I came to a complete 3 second stop.

I hear the others screaming now. If you live a good clean Judeo-Christian life then you have nothing to worry about. OK. Good Luck.
It has gotten ridiculous, that is why I have absolutely no respect for officers of the law in this state.
I understand they have a job to do and I understand it isn't easy, but your not being paid to do an easy job now are you.
I go by the motto, respect is earned not freely given, weather your in uniform or not.
Watching the news and reading reports it is sometimes hard to distinguish which is worse those upholding the law or those braking it.
FYI I am a law abiding citizen with no criminal record so I do not have any axes to grind.