View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
ArborTech

Default Update

Well, my wife brought the dog (maybe named lucky?...) in today and here are the results: His weight is severly low at only 38lbs (should be closer to 80). He is running a temp of 104 (not sure why), so they put him on some antibiotics. Doc. didn't want to do any blood work or any tests for that matter due to his already weakened state. Found a few scars, but no broken bones.

We are feeding him three times a day in two cup increments, consisting of raw venison, cooked rice, yogurt and his meds. We'll be bringing him back in ten days to see if he is gaining weight. The doctor hopes he will gain 5-10lbs in this time. He also said not to get our hopes up for a total recovery yet as this fella still has a long way to go and other things may surface.

My wife told the doctor she would like to give the dog a bath, but he advised against it stating that seeing the dog completely wet would be really disheartening as he is only skin and bones.

Petting him tonight my wife noticed what she thought were some scabs under his neck. Upon further inspection she noticed a spike seemed to be sticking out. She ended up pulling two porcupine quills each being burried about two inches. They had been there for some time. We are going to call the vet about these tommorow too.
ArborTech is offline   Reply With Quote