View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 09:10 PM   #32
Skippermark

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
Interesting thing about people...they don't like where they are, so, they move here (Lakes Region), settle in, then decide they don't like where they are, and want to make us change so they will like it. I have a very simple answer, go back where you came from and leave us alone.
Where I live there's a medium sized general aviation airport nearby that was built over 100 years ago. Yeah, the planes have gotten bigger and jets frequently use it now, but none of us old timers really made a fuss over it. In fact, many of us enjoyed driving to the airport on a warm Saturday afternoon to sit and watch the planes take off and land as the pilots practiced their touch 'n goes.

Recently, however, there's been tremendous pressure to shut down the airport shut down, and I couldn't figure out why until it clicked one day. As we older folks sell our houses and move on to our next phase in life, it's the new generation buying our houses who don't like the airport.

Kind of blows my mind that someone would move to an area knowing there's an airport nearby and then demand that it be shut down. If they didn't want to be near an airport, they shouldn't have moved here.

I know this doesn't really have much to do with the original post, but your reply made me want to tell this story.
Skippermark is offline   Reply With Quote