View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 10:25 AM   #25
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

The lake and surrounding towns are prospering. The undesired effect, is more people, which means more development. While to some the Meredith revival is wonderful, to others it was simply to much. Much like the OP, I myself am considering how much longer I will want to stay with the NH lake Region as my summer destination. Fortunately I am up in Moultonborough which is moving at a bit slower pace.

While as a General Rule I don't have a problem with continued development, what I don't like seeing is the effect that it is having on the lake itself. While by all extents the lake is still beautiful and healthy.... there are many things going on, that tell me the lake is declining, the development means more contamination... We now see things on the lake that we didn't see for years, beach closures etc.

What is the proper balance, I certainly do not know.... what I do know is that continued development over time, is going to come with a price to the health of the lakes....