View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #96
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Thanks, but I have a degree in Paralegal Studies and one of my current majors is Legal Studies - so I already know how to go about filing a libel suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay Bob View Post
If you believe (as I do) that laughter is beneficial to folks...then this thread is very beneficial. It truly is the funniest darn thread I have read in a long time. As a kayaker and a boat owner whose boat can barely get to 45 mph yet one who is not bothered by people going faster.. I have no feelings about speed limits. I have enjoyed the wit of many of the posters. If eveyone laughed a little more and complained a little less .....
Making fun of people in hateful ways is not something that I rate as funny or beneficial. It's one thing to laugh with someone - it is another to laugh at someone. So, you seem to be saying that it's ok for members of this forum to gang up on an individual or on a minority group and it's ok to make insulting comments about them - but it is wrong for me to complain about the personal attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
You haven't bothered to answer MY question about which rules we need to break to get a perfect score in forum violations.
I saw your comment as an insult to the authority of our webmaster and not to me, so It's up to him to deal with that one.

Quote:
Evenstar (I'm beginning to see irony in your username here that implies some sort of balance), this is a satirical humorous thread. Trying to take it off topic by making it all about you and/or speed limits is a violation of forum rules, and an affront to forum posters everywhere.
My name is Arwen, my middle name is Eve, which is short for Evenstar(if you don't understand the connection, try a goggle search). This thread included posts that were specifically directed at me and at comments that I had made in the speed limit thread - way before I even made my first post here. So don't blame me for what others did. Others here made personal attacks on me first - dragging me into the thread.

90% of what has been posted in this thread has nothing at all to do with boating - so there is no real topic here.