View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 05:36 AM   #573
steve-on-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Understood. I had a medical problem once, made it through the night and headed to the boat and hospital. When we got to the mainland--where's the dog? We went back for her, then returned to go to the ER. As long as blood isn't spurting...play on.
True story along the same lines...we had a birthday party out here for my wife 3 years ago. It was a great time and went deep into the next morning. We had some overnight guests that had to get to their vehicles, so still in a dazed fog, they got in the pontoon and we headed to Glendale where some were parked. Charlotte the dog came along for ride. When we got there, I dumped the mountain of trash we generated, wished safe travels to my cousin's headed back to NJ, then got back on the boat to take the rest to Mt.View where their vehicles were. As we approached the channel to the marina, I had a revelation...." Where's the dog????". I sped back to Glendale and sitting on the dock was Charlotte, with her best " what the hell did you just do to me " face. She hopped on board and we completed our mission, and I avoided decapitation by the wife , cause that would have been the outcome!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk