Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 06:41 AM   #348
winniplayhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
I would say those people make ill considered choices. Taking an extra couple hours to get a second shot of a more effective vaccine against a potentially lethal or crippling disease seems like the smarter decision.

Of course, it's THEIR choice. It can also be their choice to smoke, drink to excess and drive, have unprotected sex with strangers, ...
I would say that up in NH where the rollout has been relatively smooth, lots of appointments availabile (now), relatively little time waiting on lines, etc., that might be true. But in other parts of the country the time and effort people are taking just to make appointments is prohibitive to some people. I know people who are actually dedicating volunteer hours to signing up other people for their vaccinations because the system is so difficult to navigate and takes so much time. And then to even get shots people are travelling hours and hours, waiting for hours in line, etc. For people in those areas, I would say getting one is better than getting frustrated by the system and getting none.

That said, I'm getting mine today and truly hope I get Moderna or Pfizer. I feel fortunate that my lifestyle allows me the flexibility to plan to get both shots.