View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 07:14 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Hopefully, no serious big snow is predicted for today or the next few days which gives me some time to work on it. A 4" plus snowfall would be a problem without a snowblower. Using a shovel and flattening the snow in the driveway and entry area only works with minimal snow. ....

Did make a photocopy of the above step by step, specific repair instructions and will get on it, today. Thanks very much, appreciate the good help!

My sense before starting is there's a small chunk of circular ice in the carburetor bowl that's blocking the float and the flow of gas which froze like that during the extreme cold over the last week end?

Except for the rubber tires going flat a few times, replacing skid plates and broken shear pins, the pull cord starter, and reinstalling the black rubber discharge chute after it got blown off this has been a very hardworking and a very reliable snowblower. Bought it new at Lowe's for $550-September sale, about ten years ago. Today's new price is $699, I think?

Noticed TroyBilt now has a similar 24" model with very large wheels that do NOT use inflated rubber tires and has a better designed black rubber discharge chute ....... so ....... if some big snow actually hits and this old one is still broken .... a working snowblower is a must have. The TroyBilt internet specs say it weighs 135-lbs which has got to be an error, as it most likely really weighs 185-lbs. 135-lbs is impossible.