View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #115
sa meredith

Default My visit 8/17/08

So, on Sunday, after spending the day on the sandbar in Paugus Bay with my sister and her family of 5 (the day before my venture into the "circle"), I decided to to take a drive over to Shaw's to buy food for the next day...the very same food that I would leave behind at the Witches...anyway...
I was real hungry, so I figured, before shopping, why not grab a sandwich from Waldo Peppers.
It was 3:15 or so, so certainly not lunch time, and a bit before dinner. Therefore, there was only one party in the restaurant...4 or 5 people.
I had not been since early July, and wanted to give the lobster roll another chance.
I was very impressed at how clean everything looked...everything sparkling. The floor, the tables, the windows...just spotless. I walked over to a counter, and asked the a young man if I could get a to-go order. Why mess up one of the tables? I order the lobster roll...and he asked the two questions...single or double, hot or cold? The answers were single and cold. The damage...$15.95. I found it a bit much for a snack...not complaining..it is probably the market price, and I'm not saying it was not worth it, but 15.95 is a lot for a quick bite. Anyway, as I'm waiting I notice two things...
1.The Sox are losing 8-0 to the Blue Jays on the TV (very good idea to have one, a TV )
2. A Chipotle Cheesesteak on the specials board, that if I had seen, I probably would have got...it just sounded soooo good.
So, I take my order to the car, drive over to Shaw's, and open it. Fries were hot and great....loved them.
The lobster roll....tasted OK, good, but still just somehow does not look right with all that stringy leg meat. Yes, there was tail and claw pieces, but the leg meat was the primary make up of the roll. It tasted fine, just like lobster. Maybe I just don't remember correctly....did they always have all that leg meat? I don't think so, but am not sure.
If I had to guess....maybe with the costs of everything skyrocketing, this mix in of leg meat, or the meat being purchased by them is what is needed to keep the price reasonable. Maybe a roll of just chunks of tail and claw meat is no longer possible without charging 20/22 dollars. It would make sense to me. Anyway...the place looked great, and can't really fault the Lobster roll for not looking great..it tasted fine.
Next time? A cheesesteak.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote