View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 03:20 AM   #50
ApS

Question Million$ Misappropriated...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
APS;

This is definitely Blackey Cove. If you do a Google Earth search you can clearly see the similarities...

Dan
Thanks. I used a "Google Lens" search to find similarly-affected lakes.

What appeared were distressed lakes in the northern tier of US states. (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, NH, Maine). States south of us didn't appear overly affected. I haven't searched Canadian lakes yet.

Which brings me to my Florida county's approach: Because of tourism decline due to disappointing fishing catches, my County's Board got a grant to replace ALL septic systems with "E-1 pumps". Local ocean waters were to be cleansed of poor--or absent--methods. Costs were added to our water bill--effectively doubling them!

Anchored visitors in this County are already required to maintain a log of pump-outs for weekly Marine Patrol inspections or pay fines.

Five years later, now that 99% of waste facilities are "fixed", I asked an activist neighbor (a fishing guide to Gulf- and Atlantic-ocean waters) how things had "progressed".

Disappointed, he said the problem was not our local waters, but the Mississippi River watershed!

(Whose source is the northern tier of US states)...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote