View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Denny Crane

Default Outdoor shower

I built one 2 years ago and had a fence company make the walls and poles, so I made mine 8'x5' with the gate on one of the long walls. I used tongue and groove cedar sections because I wanted to keep it natural and not pvc or plastic. I prestained it with sikkens srd using a sprayer before installing.
There were 5 posts I had to dig, 3 on one long side with gate, 2 on the other which wasn't fun and had some hangups.
Prior to that I dug out a hole for a drywell and a trench off that with 4 inch landscape drainage pipe going about about 15 feet, overkill yes, but I don't like the idea of stepping onto wet shower/etc water after the fact. On top of the drywell and crushed stone I build a simple 8x5 pressure treated frame with 1x6 cedar flooring. I don't like the idea of a roof and feeling closed in, and my voice sounds better echoing into the woods when I sing. A couple of fish towel and clothes hooks I found on ebay, music next. I have about 1 inch of space between the floor and the bottom of the fence section. My family visitors love it.
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote