View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 07:12 AM   #89
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogator1 View Post
Pam, you are the one who started this post due to your fear of contracting this virus as others are not wearing a mask. Just as you ask others to wear a mask and protect YOU, you can wear proper PPE and protect YOURSELF. Why rely on others when you can take care of yourself? It is nobody else's responsibility to ease your fears especially when you can protect yourself. It never ceases to amaze me how people want to control others to make their own life easier. As I mentioned earlier, get yourself a properly fitted N95 mask and forget about what others are doing.
Actually, you misunderstand me somewhat. I'm actually not as worried about catching this disease myself, as I am that a resurgence in society as a whole will undo the work accomplished in the lockdown and will mean further restrictions. (This is what I wrote: "After the pain and suffering of the lockdown, it worries me that people may let this disease get out of hand again because they don't like wearing a mask. Especially as more people pour into town.")

I'd like to go out to eat and see my friends. I want the economy to come back strong. A resurgence in the disease threatens that. I want this all to be behind us and carelessness in society threatens that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Useful Post: