View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #48
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
We are making this up as we go. At first, we were told that we need to stay home to flatten the curve and not overwhelm healthcare workers. This was supposed to last two weeks. This has turned into a three-month nightmare where far more damage has been caused by destroying businesses and putting people out of work. It is now about control. There is no evidence that our actions have flattened the curve, prevented deaths, etc. In fact, it seems like we got things backwards. We forced healthy people to stay at home and exposed old and compromised people to the virus.

Unless it is a law, it is my decision to make whether to wear a mask, social distance, etc. I haven't worn a mask or social distanced. I've used common sense, and am doing just fine. When my mom came back from Florida, me and my family members have been careful around her since she is compromised. You seem to enjoy being treated like a child. I do not.

The government hacks and politicians making the decisions for us have NO stake in the matter. None of them to the best of my knowledge have missed a paycheck. Dr. Fraud's government organization (NIAID) is guaranteed funding for the next 20+ years. The biggest political whopper (other than "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" or "if you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance") is that we are all in this together. My son, who has been furloughed since the beginning of this nonsense, has suffered far more than the government hacks and the politicians. Small business owners have suffered far more than government hacks and politicians. And for what?! A failed social experiment, which proves that the American people do not value liberty. I am disgusted by all this.
Staying at home lasting only two weeks was if quite literally everyone stayed home for 2 weeks. Shutting everything down and not leaving your home for 2 weeks. If everyone did that, it would have shut the spread down. Obviously that could never happen, at least not in this country. You are correct that this is being made up as we go because so little is known about this new virus.