View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 06:04 AM   #32
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowTimes View Post
Is there any reason why you see the need to continue to use such overtly xenophobic language in your posts? And if you don’t understand how this is xenophobic and racist, maybe you can go ask one of your Asian law partners or employees to explain it to you. That is, unless as I suspect, you don’t have any. So instead, you sit behind a pseudonym on a computer.

I have always valued this website and its forums for useful insight on lake issues. I fully understand this “political” forum will consist of views I don’t agree with. But I don’t understand how this perpetuation of xenophobia can continue to be ignored on this site.
There is absolutely nothing racists or xenophobic about labeling the flu the Chinese coronavirus or my personal favorite the Wuhan Bat Flu. My liberal friends have taught me that everything and everyone requires a label. For the record, I am a straight white middle-aged male, the lowest rung of the WOK ladder. I label the flu as such to annoy people like you, who place far more value in words rather than actions.

To answer your question, one of my law partners is from China and we have several employees from China. I will tell you what I have (or in some words) told them. I have no issues whatsoever with any people from any country. My experiences with ex-pats from China is that they are a warm, caring, humble, and smart (very smart for that matter) people, who came to the U.S. to escape communist rule. However, I detest with the hatred of a thousand suns the Chinese communist government. The one thing this so-called pandemic has taught us is that the U.S. should extricate itself from China and any other government who does not value freedom and liberty.

Calling someone a racists shows that you have lost the argument. It shows the shallowness of your character and world views. I actually feel sorry for you.

Peace
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: