View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #9
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I have never worn a mask in a grocery store or anywhere else for that matter, except when I go into my office in Boston and when I've gone to the dentist and doctor because I have to. It is all nonsense. Prior to the so-called pandemic, I was respectful of other people. Nothing has changed. Generally speaking, I don't invade spaces, and try real hard not to sneeze, cough, breath, etc. on other people when in public. You are worried about masks being worn. Are you as worried about other people picking up and replacing items that you eventually touch? Are you concerned about the countless people who have touched all of the items in the store just to get them on the shelf?

I prefer to stick to Dr. Fraud's first recommendation - that masks are ineffective. You are feeding into and believing the hysteria generated by the media and social media. However, if you are scared and anxious, I recommend that you wear a mask to give you the feeling that you are being safe. As Hill stated, the rest of us are sick of the restrictions. Enough is enough. We have done our share. Let's get back to normalcy ASAP. Disappointingly, this will be impossible since the so-called pandemic has become a political issue. CNN reports that Chinese coronavirus cases are spiking in Georgia, Florida and Texas. Fake news. We learned that fighting the so-called pandemic is a joke when rioting and looting is encouraged.
You are correct that a lot isn't known about this disease. The reason that the original recommendation was not to wear masks was two fold: masks were needed for healthcare workers, and originally, it was not known that the virus was spread through aerosol transmission. It's understandable that you're sick of the restrictions. Who isn't? But being sick of something doesn't give people the right to put other people at risk. Maybe you're right, and all this caution is for nothing. But is that really your decision to make in public spaces at this point in time, when the disease is showing a clear comeback in some parts of this country (based on hospitalizations and not just number of positive cases)? I would say no. I would say that's irresponsible. But obviously you're free to do what you want. Here's an article from Science Daily about the effectiveness of masks. I expect you think it's fake news, but for what it's worth: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0612172200.htm
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Useful Post: