Thread: Covid-19 Rise
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #16
MeredithMan

Default An interesting comment from last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
My daughter is an RN in the ER at Concord Hospital. She reports that they have been getting slammed of late with a lot of Corona patients. The vaccinated are mildly sick and this group is a small minority of the total. The vast majority are the un-vaccinated and are severely sick, many with no underlying health conditions or "co-morbidities", and are relatively young, (20's-50's).
When she got home last evening, my daughter mentioned that she heard an interesting comment from one pretty sick 'rona patient. She asked him if he had been vaccinated and he replied he didn't get it for "political reasons". She said she must have had a puzzled look on her face, because he then followed up with, "it's a shot for Democrats and I'm not a Democrat". He unfortunately ended up in the ICU.

Many times over the last two years, I have found myself wondering what would have happened if we had been so fractured as a society during the Polio epidemic. My mother's first husband died at 29 from Polio during that epidemic. Her two sons, who were about 6 and 4 at the time, both got it as well, and while they ended up in the hospital, (at the same time their father was dying in the hospital), they came through OK. I always remember my parents--especially my mother--and other people of that generation, being in awe of Jonas Salk from coming up with the Polio vaccine. They worshiped him and there was just no question of whether someone would be vaccinated.

It's unfortunate that from the beginning, the politicians, the media, the "influencers" on the internet--on both sides of the issue--used Corona for their own personal gain and agendas, as opposed to coming together for the good of all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: