Thread: Weirs The Beef
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #35
sa meredith

Default no...

Mr. V...it's simply emotions run umuck...that's all...nothing more, nothing less.
And if you don't think Tommy had a point saying we all just beat stupid issues to death (myself certainly included), then you simply are not participating in the same forum that I am.
I believe I read somewhere (not positive though) that Tommy was a mason, or maybe brick layer. Often, someone of that ilk, is prone to take a confrontation to a physical level, in the heat of the moment...but only in the heat of the moment.
It's like two hockey players squaring off...at the moment they want to hurt each other, but truth be told, they may even be friends. Just heat of the moment.
Look...often times I too get baffled by the "let's be nice, touchy/feely" aspects of this forum. Often people letting those feelings getting in the way of critical/factual thinking.
I state as a recent example the Ward Bird thread. Everyone just so quick to say what a great guy he is...great citizen, does a lot for the community, salt of the earth. Should not be in jail.
And noone (except me and a few others) wanting to say the bigger and more important issue was, did he break the law? Should the law be changed? Is it possible he got emotional, and broke the law.
Never mind the big "group hug"...let's all get along stuff.
Anyway...way off topic now.
Just surprised RG wanted to bring year old negative stuff to the fore. Very surprised.
Noramlly such things are done by jerks like me...not the likes of RG, Pepper, Argie Wife, et al. Out of character, to be sure.