Thread: Weirs The Beef
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #26
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Here is an outline of why some of us will avoid Weirs the Beef:

Weirs The Beef! thread, started 05-24-2010.

Back in June of last year LocalRealtor stated that his super beef was less than super. He also commented that "the french fry quantity was smallish at best."

The owner of Weirs the Beef, tommy mack, responds to LocalRealtor with "when you order a small fry.what size should it be? you need a loan?"

Not too bad. A little good natured-ribbing is showing through, but remember that Tommy Mack is the owner of Weirs the Beef.

jr616 comments that the onion roll had very little flavor, but will give it another try, though he was not optimistic.

tommy mack responds with "wtb cooks their beefs daily..come in and try it again...you must not have brushed your tooth that day....kidden,,come in please."

At least tommy says he is "kidden", but he is still the owner of a business!

LocalRealtor acknowledges tommy mack's wise crack and makes his own. Then points out that tommy mack ignored his comment about the size of the super beef and mentions that the roast beef was cold.

Tommy mack responds with a slam, telling LocalRealtor to go back to mickey dees and that people like LocalRealtor ruin the forum.

After this post, at least eight Forum members remark, not in a positive way, on the surprising responses from this local business owner.
(I especially liked The Phantom Gourmand's post "Maybe we have a Roast Beef Nazi? ( A la Seinfeld)" )

To which tommy mack repsonds with, u guys r easy i knew i could get yous guys going...your easy...........do u want fries with that? and "no beef for you!"

At this point I think... okay, tommy mack is just yanking our chains for a little publicity. Still, it seemed strange behavior for a business owner who needs us to patronize his establishment.

The thread gets back on track. Several Forum members assure us that Tommy is a real character and perhaps his humor doesn't translate well with the written word. Many regulars at WTB and some new patrons give good reviews.

At the beginning of October, tommy mack shows us what a great guy he is when he posts that he is doing a free roast beef sandwich fund raiser with all the proceeds going to a girl at the Loony Bin for cancer treatments.
He makes a mistake by posting Labor Day instead of Columbus Day, along with some grammatical errors, and gets ribbed a bit about that goofs.

Things go south again when tommy responds to the ribbing with, "u know what day i meant........but as usual your petty and useless lives only allow u to pick up on small mistypes and your insecurity comes out in a dumb statement....."

ishoot308 states what a lot of us were thinking and gets thanked for - WOW! For an area business owner you sure know how to alienate people and potential customers!...Not smart in this down economy...

Then jkjoshuatree posts his reaction to tommy mack: "Were You Born A Rude, Inconsiderate, Buffoon...

jkjoshuatree, who still seemed to be offended, posts again: Hmmm....

pondguy makes a funny about jkjoshuatree and says "No beef for Josh"

The owner of Weirs the Beef, tommy mack, quotes pondguy and posts to jkjoshuatree, "come on over woman... "

Then tommy mack quotes jkjoshuatree, slams the Forum and responds with:
"believe me i do not want to be like you woman......im jus trying to make your foolish forum as un credible as it is....u people dont want to promote business ..u just beat stupid issues to death....get a life.....homo"

tommy mack, the owner of Weirs the Beef, sends an e-mail to jkjoshuatree's place of business. jk posts a very edited version for us.

A few Forum members post negatively to tommy's reaction. VtSteve also points out that jkjoshuatree is out of character too.

jkjoshuatree admits that he "got a little carried away."

jk calls Weirs the Beef to talk to the owner, tommy mack. It doesn't go well.

Finally this local business owner stayed mute!

Do you care how this local businessman behaved on this public Forum? Do you think he shot himself in the business?

Lastly and most importantly, will you patronize his business? Rattlesnake Guy and I won't.
I'll probably get moderated for this...BUT...your post is totally out of line.

The original poster was telling everyone that Weirs the Beef is "Open Fri-29th Can't wait for Super Beef & Home Made Onion rings this year ,Good luck Tommy" . Now the business owner is getting beatup for something that was said in the past.

Sorry but it just isn't right!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post: