Thread: Hummingbirds
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 04:18 PM   #25
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I was going to start a new thread for 2022, but this 2021 thread only had 18 responses.

I put my peter out yesterday. I looked at a hummingbird migration map and there are a few sightings in Southern New Hampshire already. Most of the heavier sightings have been in Central and Southern Massachusetts, and Connecticut, and points South.

It won't be long now.

Dave
Thanks for the update, Dave. We haven't put our hummer feeder out yet, but we will in the near future.

In the meantime we have many birds coming each day to our "regular" feeders, and they have returned in full force this spring. Of course the bears are out now so we bring the feeders in at dusk and put them back out in the morning to avoid potential problems.

At this point we have red winged blackbirds, cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, downy woodpeckers, snowy woodpeckers, mourning doves, purple finches, and the occasional hawk which likes to sit high up in the trees and watch the action at the feeders. We've lost a few birds to the hawks so far this year, but that's how things work in the wildlife world.