View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #18
Webbsatwinni

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Reading your post almost makes me think you are on another lake somewhere. I don't disbelieve you, just in awe that things are so different on the same lake.

Over on Welch just a few miles west of you my experience with the bass fishermen has been nothing but respectful. I have never once in the 6 years I have lived there had any issues like you mention above.

We get fishermen daily going by casting in and around our docks and breakwater. Some are by themselves and others with their sons, daughters or a friend. All have said hello to me and my response is "hows the fishing" and "good luck", I have even recommended a certain area to cast near my dock. Sometimes a pleasant conversation takes place about the area or about fishing. I have even invited some to come up on my dock for a cup of coffee.

I have never had any hooks or lures in my boat, never had them cast near us when we were swimming, never had any of them curse at me or give me the finger, no one has ever hit my swim raft with their boat, nothing but total respect for both landowner and fisherman.

I just don't understand how things can be so different on the same lake...

I am sorry to hear of the obvious disrespect you have had on rattlesnake. Please don't send them over to Welch!

Dan
Don't get me wrong (and I should have added to my post ) that for every bad one there are good. We have had great conversations with people fishing, swimming, paddleboarding etc and it is a great part of lake life. Its the bad ones that you remember and post about. If they stop hooking the trampoline, I'd be happy, I hate swimming that in to repair it.

But in sharing, we found aqua seal because we mix it so much, its a two part kit, so much better, easier and really works as compared to a patch kit and rubber cement. Soon it will be all covered and we will have no more leaks.
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote