View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbsatwinni View Post
This happens all of the time on Rattlesnake, they even troll in around the kids swimming and cast near them. When we ask them to stop, most wave a finger at us and carry on and we have had a few calling us elitests and spoiled because we have lakefront property.

We have had hooks in our water trampoline, boats hit the trampoline and dock, swearing at the kids for being inn the water, etc.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do, I like the cannon idea and do have super soakers that we have used on occasion (playfully ;-) )
Reading your post almost makes me think you are on another lake somewhere. I don't disbelieve you, just in awe that things are so different on the same lake.

Over on Welch just a few miles west of you my experience with the bass fishermen has been nothing but respectful. I have never once in the 6 years I have lived there had any issues like you mention above.

We get fishermen daily going by casting in and around our docks and breakwater. Some are by themselves and others with their sons, daughters or a friend. All have said hello to me and my response is "hows the fishing" and "good luck", I have even recommended a certain area to cast near my dock. Sometimes a pleasant conversation takes place about the area or about fishing. I have even invited some to come up on my dock for a cup of coffee.

I have never had any hooks or lures in my boat, never had them cast near us when we were swimming, never had any of them curse at me or give me the finger, no one has ever hit my swim raft with their boat, nothing but total respect for both landowner and fisherman.

I just don't understand how things can be so different on the same lake...

I am sorry to hear of the obvious disrespect you have had on rattlesnake. Please don't send them over to Welch!

Dan