View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:37 AM   #15
loony

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I've worked with Town Fair for just under two years now after having bought new wheels and tires for my 4Runner. The 4Runner is notoriously sensitive to imperfect wheels/tires, and the first set of tires I tried—Coopers—gave me terrible wheel shimmy.

Though it took a few visits, Town Fair never gave up on me or made me feel like I was being a hassle—we ended up getting things right with a couple different tire sets, so I've always felt like they actually care to get things right. Overall, they've got great policies.

If you were closer to Moultonborough, I would have you check with Clifford's. That place is legit.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
I've purchased many tires from town fair over the years.
My last experience was not the greatest. I had altimax rt43 tires mounted and balanced on my miata and it resulted in a shake and shimmie at about 60mph. I took the car back 3 times to rebalance the tires without success. They replaced 2 of the tires and also offered to give me a different brand of tires. They never gave up on me either.
After some research I'd discovered that road force balancing was recommended for my car. Town fair did not have such a machine and shops with these machines are hard to find. In the end I took my car to a local tire shop who successfully balanced them. Turns out that town fair ignored the the balance indicators on the rims and tires.
After all that I will probably will still go back to town fair for tires on a more conventional car
loony is offline   Reply With Quote