View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #65
Taz

Default take out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Out of the half dozen or so restaurants in the lakes region that we have ordered take out from during this pandemic, Canoe was by far the worst.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
My wife and I have been ordering takeout as much as possible to support local restaurants. By far the worst takeout during this pandemic for my wife and I was Patricks and Sawyers. The chicken in Wifes Ceasar chicken wrap at Patricks was not cooked and she had to take it apart and cook the chicken. My haddock sandwhich from Saywers had almost non-existent tartar sauce (can you spare it) the roll was soggy, the fish was oily, batter not crispy. both were suppose to come with chips and pickle, no chips or pickle. We have stayed away from these 2 restaurants because we were never impressed. Now I know why and will not go back.

Now the best take out for us, Lyons Den and Twin Barns. Lyons Den Veal Marsala never disappoints. Wifes blackened chicken on wedge salad or pasta always good. Twin Barns is our favorite burger in the lakes region. They use ground beef from Wineing Butcher, fresh buns daily from bakery. Twin Barns pulled pork sandwhich is the best I have ever had! Our first outdoor dining will be tonight at Twin Barns if we can get a seat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post: