View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #187
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer320 View Post
I watched the seaplane make it’s run today and went for a closer look. The plane will sit parallel to the dock 3/4 of the way down on the shallow side(right side as you look from shore) the wing crosses just past halfway across the wharf blocking quick access to the fire boat. On its takeoff to the north he gets airborne directly across from the camps on Chase island just past the yellow boat house and then stays in ground effect (water effect to be precise) for about 200-300’ until it begins its climb reaching 300-500’ altitude past Chase. I see potential conflicts arising from this choke point as it is common for boats to speed around Chase heading for Pier 19 and it will be interesting to see how a floatplane in a critical phase of flight maneuvers away at low altitude to avoid an oncoming boat at 30 mph plus who won’t see the floatplane until it clears the corner.

Not only that... there are many sunfish, Kayaks, paddle boards in that whole area. They could be not seen until it is too late. Camp Belknap takes many campers in about a dozen canoes around Farm Island and across 19 Mile Bay to the town beach and under the bridge. Plus the NHBM has asked the town to put a moorings in 19 mile Bay for the sailshare program. They will be mooring their sailboat there as well. It is going to be mighty crowded. I would bet that the FAA and The State approving this site for seaplanes have no clue what it's like and what it is going to be. This is a disaster waiting to happen. This site should have never been approved. And guess who the pilots call to get landing clearance.... the store owner. She can not see from the store what condition the bay is in to land a plane. Who thought up this crazy and dangerous plan?

Last edited by chasedawg; 05-22-2021 at 04:33 PM.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote