View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #28
wildwind

Default Woodshed

We went back to The Woodshed for the first time in a couple of years. We stopped because of the awful mess it became. I will say it wasn't the worst but for the money, we probably won't go back. Both of our salads were like water, the caesar was soaking in thin water dressing almost like the lettuce froze and thawed out. I ordered steak and swordfish with rasberry sauce(I should have known there) the sword was so over cooked it was almost mush and rasberries just don't go with swordfish. The steak was so undercooked with no flavor and cold. The veggies were good and the rice had been cook much earlier and very reheated. The Hanger steak was cooked as ordered but still didn't have any flavor. The service was ok but REALLY slow. It took about 5-8 minutes after being seated before we were offered anything to drink then it took almost another 10 minutes before drinks arrived. Mind you the resturant was less than 1/2 full in main room only. The waitress was attentive but needs a few lessons in proper service. We were both shocked when she reached over both of us to clear full salad plates instead of walking to the other side of the table to clear them. No water was offered at all. The atmosphere is still wonderful but I would say that's the only reason to pay at least $29.00 + for an entree that was really awful. We were so hoping the change of ownership would put this resturant back where it once was. BUT NOT YET!

Last edited by wildwind; 01-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.
wildwind is offline   Reply With Quote