View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #17
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
If the NW, N, and sometime WNW wind is 11 mph or above Do Not Go there. You will get tossed around and it is scary. I remember screaming in a storm going from Wolfeboro to Welch Island.. "We are going to die, we are going to die!"
We all where given a chance in my family to get that scared once and scream out... And it was a chance and it didn't last long... My Dad then looked at us with our Life Jackets on, and asked if we wanted to find out what the worst case scenario would be like, and he offered to just through us overboard...

Needless to say we had many more hairy rides over the years, but we never screamed in panic again....

I have had many adventurous crossing of the broads of the years... The most fun I ever had was last year on my Jet Ski... I think I actually preferred the smaller vessel... As I hopped skipped, jumped my way across from Alton Bay to the Barbers Poles... But I didn't have to worry about taking water over the bow etc..... I just jumped when I felt I needed to stretch, skipped from wave to wave when I felt energetic, and hopped off the jet ski holding a tether when I need to rest...