View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 10:10 AM   #34
NIOMARVIN83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I've been looking for a Kia Soul for a couple of years. Reason: I need a compact car with lots of volume in the back with the seats down for multisport camping trips where I have gear for camping, kayaking, biking, and hiking. Also for hauling yard debris to the dump and home maintenance stuff from Home Depot. The Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V are too big for me.

Until very recently, the mechanical reliability ratings for the Soul were excellent, even above the Honda Fit. Then I started hearing about engine problems in certain model years. Does anyone have any more information about this, or personal experience?
So, you've been looking into getting a Kia Soul because it's just the right size for all your fun camping trips and hauling stuff for yard work or home projects. It's smaller than a Toyota Rav4 or Honda CR-V, which is perfect for you. The Kia Soul used to have really good marks for not breaking down and being a reliable car, even better than the Honda Fit. But lately, you've heard some talk about certain Kia Souls having engine troubles, and you're wondering if that's something to worry about. You're asking if anyone knows more about these problems or if they've had any trouble with their own Kia Soul.
NIOMARVIN83 is offline   Reply With Quote