View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #11
Susie Cougar

Thanks, Descant,

I like your idea of using 2 x 10 floor joists so that you step out onto the porch at the same level as the rest of the house.

To respond to those of you who say I am being generous, I can truly tell you that when you almost die, it changes your perspective on everything. I am in a position now where I can help my kids a little bit with things that they would not be able to afford on their own.

My daughter is a pediatric physical therapist and her husband is a principal in inner-city Baltimore. Both work incredibly hard at helping others and have been living in a tiny little row house in Baltimore city for 17 years now with 2 children now becoming teenagers.
Although, they have owned their home since 2005, the year they were married, it has only appreciated in value approximately $70,000. They made the decision to be close to their jobs in the City, knowing how much time would be involved and thinking that they could move up later on, but the houses in the county were always just out of their reach.
They were trying to find a house last summer when I was rushed to the hospital. My daughter came down and took care of me for 11 weeks and was able to do her job virtually at the same time.
Being able to help her out, means more to me than anything. She has always been such a wonderful daughter.
Susie Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post: