Thread: Damage reports
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Alton Bay 1/2 mile above Sandy Point West side

that narrows it down some!

Some tree limbs down. Rusty's leaves in Wolfeboro blew onto my yard in Alton Bay. Actually, the wind stripped the leaves on our very large oak tree in our front yard.

Power went out Mon afternoon around 315 or so, and back on about 4 or a little after. A few flickers and then the power went out at 6 and came back on around 730. A few more flickers during the evening, went to bed about midnight and power stayed on all night.

Had some very powerful gusts late afternoon into the evening that rattled windows and howled through the trees. Fortunately, most of the leaves were already off the trees so the wind didn't have much to grab onto and just blew through the empty branches. Haven't been down to the boat yet, but it should be ok. I tied boat off the dock, had lines to both sides of the slip and lines keeping the boat back off the front walkway dock.

My feathered friends are glad I left my feeders out...they have been on a feeding frenzy this morning. All in all, from my perspective, not a bad storm here locally. Thank goodness.