Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #53
sa meredith

Default I'm done

Well, this place gets discussed just about every year, and it usually seems about 50/50. Without posting a long winded review, I feel compelled to post the following.
I want to like this place, I really do. Mostly because it is so convienient for me to grab something on the fly. I drive by it very regularly, and if time does not permit a long stop for a meal, it is a nice alternative to McD's up the street (yep, I like McD's...so kill me).
Well, twice this year I stopped to grab the simplest of simple meals...cheeseburger and fries, to eat as I drove. Both times, the deal was the same...just me, and only me at the window. 3 or 4 groups eating at the tables. The first time, as I drove to the marina, I grabbed a handful of the grossest, cold, soggy, cooked an hour ago fries. And thought, well that sukcs...but whatever...they probably wanted to sell what was already made, and I timed it wrong. Free pass for them.
But then, two Mondays back (in case they are reading this, the girl may remember) I was meeting some friends from out of town at Funspot, before hitting the Drive In ( "TED"...if you have not seen it, SEE IT...enough about that) ...and was running late and was hungry. Well, I thought, I have enough McD's in my life, so I'll hit Tamarack. Me, only me at the window. I order the same thing, I leave, and same deal. Gross, cold, cooked a very long time ago fries. Well, kinda pissed, so I swing a quick uturn and go back to tell them I was all set with them. The girl checked the fries herself, and seemed quite embarressed. Offered a new order...but really??!! I'm going to stand there, let the burger get cold, and become even later than I already am, while they make me fresh fires, to make up for serving me the left overs from earlier in the night? No thanks. I just told her I have really bad luck there, and was done.
Hey, really, say what you want about McDonalds (probably not good for you...in fact bad) but I ask you..When was the last time you reached into the bag to grab a handful of McD's fires, and they were not fresh, very hot, and freakishy yummy? 1PM, 3PM, 9PM, 2:30AM...doesn't matter...always hot, and fresh.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote