Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #51
guyfromMA

My last trip to the Tamarack earlier this week was a bit of a disappointment. My family and I have gone to the Tamarack in years past and have always enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately this year, things have changed.

Those above posters who say the quantity of food has gone down are absolutely right. I remember in years past the hamburger platter would be stuffed with french fries and a large burger, this year it was not that. Instead there were only a small amount of fries and a burger that,although did not taste bad,was not nearly as beastly as it has been in years past. However, the price has remained the same,and in my opinion, that menu item is not worth the price it is listed as on the menu.

Also,it seems like the crowd at the tamarack has declined. In years past there used to be waiting lines for parking spots, and a long line to order. This year during our visit there was only a small line,and plenty of parking,during the 5-6PM hour,and the several times we would pass by, it didn't appear packed, as it has been for as long as I can remember.

As one member pointed out the service and cleanliness of the restaurant. The girls working the counters were friendly and the condiment area did seem relatively clean(people SHOULD pick up after themselves,can't completely fault the restaurant staff).

I'm glad to see the girl who used to make the pizzas is still working there. She is by far one of the best and friendliest workers there. I say used to, because the "tamarack out back" no longer makes Pizza, which is a big disappointment, as finding a quality pizza restaurant in that area with good service is tough.

I think it is great that the owner views the forum to get feedback from customers. The customers may not always be right,but they are the ones bringing in the money and with all due respect, I must say that this years trip to the tamarack was not nearly as good as it has been in years past.

I would like to see the Tamarack make some changes,perhaps reconsider their prices if they are going to lessen the quantity of portions. It also doesn't seem like they advertise like they used to, which COULD be the reason why the pizza restaurant was unsuccessful. The Tamarack has been around for a long time, and has name recognition in the area, but when the weather is beautiful and there aren't long lines like there used to be,something is a miss..Same can be said for Sawyers.

I will not say I will not return to the Tamarack next year, because I don't know, but I don't think I'll make it a "must" during my vacation like I would have in years past.

I do hope everyone(the owner included) understands my post. I have read this forum for a long time, and finally felt I should contribute as much as I can.
guyfromMA is offline   Reply With Quote