Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #49
NoBozo

Default Just Thinking

Some time ago I made a comment about some restaurant..don't remember which one..about the service and was roundly smacked down by another poster who may have been in the restaurant business at one time or another.

The comment they made was ...something like this.. "Since you admit you have never run a restaurant, what makes you an Expert ?" Rather than escalate the situation I never responded. Had I responded, I would have said:.. "I am the one making the purchase, so THAT makes me an expert."

The customer is NOT always right, but the customer IS The One with the money to spend..Or Not.

To get to my original thought.. I suspect some Restaurant Owners/CHEFS consider themselves "Artists", and like some artists may have large egos, and are quite offended when their "work" is brought into question. In such cases, the mere suggestion that something could be improved....is just preposterous..let alone coming from some "person" that just walked in off the street who has no clew what ART is.

This might explain why some restaurants never seem to improve, despite multiple well meaning suggestions from respondants in this forum. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote