Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #42
Rattlesnake Guy

SA,
You have a logical point. I suspect you have to have both good and bad reviews before we can take your opinion with any significance. Then we have to see if we agree with some of your opinions based on our own experience. Then we have to asses if you are being fair with your praise and criticism. It takes time to become credible. I think Argie's wife is correct in the tendency for negative first timers.

I greatly value people's opinion who have good things to say and bad things to say. And most importantly are fair. If you are eating at a road side stand with paper plates, you should adjust your expectations to fit the environment. It is a different expectation than a fine dining experience for $140.

I admit that RG and I have a hard time posting neutral or negative reviews which certainly hurts our credibility with always sounding positive. It is a hard decision to make a post that might take food off the table for a business owner. This is further complicated by the value of honest feedback.

Further complicated by our individual preferences like your preference for George's (which we have been to over 20 times over the years) and our recent discovery of a great breakfast at Sunshine and Pa's. They are both great places and are worth visiting.

Time will tell if Swimfan will gain credibility, on the positive and the negative side.

SA, you have inspired me to take a shot at more balance in my own reviews. All sugar is no better than all lemon. Now if I had to write some reviews of some of the strange foods I have had here in Shanghai, they would not all be favorable. The eel soup was good but the pickled jelly fish and fried snake was not going into my mouth thank you.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote