Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #41
camp guy

Default The Tamarack

First of all I have to admit that I haven't carefully read all the foregoing posts, but it does seem like The Tamarack is taking a hit on food quality and service time. Well, to settle it in our own minds, my wife and I stopped there this afternoon for a personal experience.

In a nutshell, "very poor".

The outside appearance was less than desireable; the view into the kitchen, etc., was not pleasant, and the young lady who took our order was pleasant enough, but we seemed to be not the only thing on her mind.

We picked up our food (1 lobster roll, 1 cheeseburger basket) and went to the condiment station - very messy. Then we headed up back to sit inside and relax a little while eating. Bad mistake. We walked in the outside door labeled Enter and were greeted by two teen aged girls exiting the ladies room and still trying to get everything back in place; we went to a table and decided the musty, almost moldy atmosphere of the building wasn't for us and left. We found a partially clean table under the trees in the little park area and ate our meal.

The lobster roll was marginally "okay" (I don't think my wife wanted to tell me it wasn't good since I had paid dearly for it), the burger was absolutely unremarkable, and the fries were soggy, limp, and uninviting. Oh, my Pepsi turned out to be a Diet Pepsi.

So, all in all, that was our 2 trips to Tamarack (first and last of the season).

It used to be fabulous, with lines all day long. Something went terribly wrong somewhere along the line.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote