Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
gonetoolong

Default Mea Culpa

Folks, this is sort of a difficult thing for me to say but, I’ll do my best. When we took over Tamarack in ’07 we did so with a certain amount of arrogance & lack of knowledge. We were ‘deaf’ & we ‘knew better’. In my defense (& this is the ONLY defense I have) I bowed to my brother who “has experience running a restaurant’. It was against my better judgement but ultimately, my name is on the dotted line and I am the one who is responsible & I answer to you….

Thru a series of events that are too difficult to explain here, everything fell into my lap in the winter of ’09. For lack of other guidance I turned here, I read all the criticism’s and suggestions and complaints. Believe me, I took them seriously & I learned a lot! Many (most) I agreed with . Slow service, high prices, small portions.

Tracy, our manager, my wife & I spent the winter of ’09 redesigning our line to speed up & improve service. We redesigned the menu; we lowered our prices and increased the portions. We hired more experienced staff. In ’10 we began a face lift that will continue…

Now during the course of the day when I check with customers to see if they’re happy, 99% of the time I get an enthusiastic response. If I don’t get that response, I address it immediately and make it right. When I hear (or read) a response like Phantom or Railroad, I take it to heart and I address it with my staff (& myself).

If a cook has a bad day or is in a rush etc, that’s no excuse. If you pay for a good meal then that is exactly what you should get & no less!

Siksukr, yes, I’ve said it in the past & I said it yesterday & I’ll say it again. Simply because I’m committed to it. Not every meal will be perfect but if I’m aware of ANY shortcomings I WILL make it right.

This is my ‘Mea Culpa’. Anything I read here will be taken seriously and be used to help win back your support and patronage.

Sincerely,

Jim Clayton
Tamarack
gonetoolong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gonetoolong For This Useful Post: